Porcelain Veneers Pros and Cons
Porcelain veneers are a long-time favorite in the world of cosmetic dentistry, and there are many reasons why dental veneers may be the right choice to fix and shape up your teeth. While many patients invest in porcelain veneers to improve their smiles, there are other reasons as well. Our dentists in Charlotte want you to know all the biggest porcelain veneers pros and cons to help you determine whether or not this procedure is right for you.
There are many advantages to this popular cosmetic dentistry procedure that any porcelain veneers specialist would be happy to perform. Here are the some of our top picks on our list of porcelain veneers pros and cons:
- Porcelain veneers are long-lasting and durable, staying on your teeth for decades and protecting against wear and tear.
- Porcelain veneers are hard to stain, making it easy for you to consume your favorite drinks without worry.
- Porcelain veneers can cover up cracks, chips, or gaps in the teeth.
- The porcelain veneers procedure is quick, simple, and painless.
While it is hard to imagine any downside to a cosmetic dentistry procedure as painless and easy to achieve as porcelain veneers, there are a few drawbacks that may be important to you when considering this type of treatment. Consider our list of cons below:
- Porcelain veneers can be expensive, as custom molds need to be made.
- Porcelain veneers can make your teeth more sensitive to hot and cold foods, making it more difficult to eat what you love most.
- Porcelain veneers cannot be removed once they are put on.
- Porcelain veneers can break easily if you eat hard candy or grind your teeth often.
Schedule a Porcelain Veneers Consultation Today!
After reviewing our porcelain veneers pros and cons, you may want to consider this cosmetic dentistry procedure to help the future of your teeth. Our dentists in Charlotte, NC can help you achieve the perfect smile. Visit us in person at Robert Lowe, DDS, or schedule an appointment over the phone by calling (704) 450-3321 or by contacting us online. We would love for you to visit our website as well, where you can see what services we offer!