Teeth Whitening Pros and Cons
If you’re looking for a bright and dazzling smile, you are likely interested in teeth whitening. This popular cosmetic dentistry procedure can help to enhance your face and your confidence, which is great for your health. Our dentists in Charlotte, NC want you to consider all the teeth whitening pros and cons before investing in the procedure yourself. At Robert Lowe, DDS, knowing the truth is just as important as achieving the perfect Hollywood smile.
There are plenty of reasons why people continue to seek teeth whitening as an important part of their improvement. It is a fast and easy cosmetic dentistry procedure that can be performed safely by a tooth whitening specialist at any time. Here are some of the biggest benefits of tooth whitening:
- Tooth whitening improves your self-esteem and boosts your confidence.
- Tooth whitening helps you look younger by removing stains, which are often a sign of aging.
- Tooth whitening is affordable and often painless.
There are a few drawbacks to tooth whitening that should be considered as well before investing in this cosmetic dentistry treatment. While popular and fast, there are a couple of reasons why it may not be for you:
- Tooth whitening can lead to sore gums, since the procedure uses bleaching agents to whiten the teeth.
- Tooth whitening can lead to sensitive teeth, as some patients have reported feeling sensitive for a brief amount of time after the procedure.
- You won’t be able to consume certain foods and drinks that can stain your teeth again, such as coffee and wine.
Contact Us about Teeth Whitening Today!
After considering the teeth whitening pros and cons, you may want to contact us for more information. If so, our Charlotte dentists are here to help. Visit us at Robert Lowe, DDS to hear about the teeth whitening pros and cons in person. Or, you can give us a call at (704) 450-3321 to schedule an appointment.